Thursday, May 14, 2009

Benign

I'm happy to report that my breast biopsy was benign! What a relief! I will have to be more vigilant in the future and make sure I do monthly exams. I will have to have a follow-up mammogram in 6 months and then may be put on a yearly mammogram due to family history. There is nothing to report on the gallbladder issue. My GI doc thinks I may have had a biliary spasm and the elevated liver functions are due to my high triglyceride levels.

Anime is currently on the same depression meds that I take. We think she's been doing slightly better, even though she's fighting an awful chest cold right now.

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm battling my own depression demons and just have not been able to bring myself to write. I'm hoping to increase the meds when I see my doctor again in a couple of weeks as this dosage just isn't doing anything for me.

Happy Spring!

8 comments:

Chele76 said...

oh good! I am SO glad to hear the news and that you are ok.

Take time for you, do what you and your family need.

big (((hugs))) in the meantime :)

The Modern Gal said...

Good news! I hope it leads to more good news for you in the future.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Benign is a beautiful word. I hope this is the beginning of the upswing for you! =)

Nichole M said...

That's great news! And I'm glad your gallbladder is behaving itself. If it starts to act up, I know what to do!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Great News! Simply the best. I wish you the best of health. I hate mamms too, but after mine, I need to keep my yearly one up as well....

widget said...

That's fantastic. I am so pleased.

Keep looking after yourself.

Vanessa said...

Hang in there and hopefully the meds along with brighter weather will help things to look a little more cheerful. eHUGS

miwise said...

Glad you're back. I was beginning to be seriously concerned. I've read that writing helps to ease depression but I've not found that to be true for me. Do whatever works best for you. Hope Anime continues to do well.