Sunday, March 9, 2008

Nothing Left to Draw On

Fried. Exhausted. Overwhelmed.

This week has been hard in the fact that I have nothing left to draw from. My reserves are tapped. Empty. Depleted. Yet I've kept going. And will continue to keep going throughout the next week.

One job ended today. Alas, I am a server no more. My coaching job ends next weekend. My coaching days will then be done for good. If I had any energy left I might feel sad about leaving the restaurant. My serving job was one of the few things I have right now that I knew I was good at. But my kids need me more than we need the extra cash. I've goofed up trying to be everything but have finally realized that I can't. I can't make the income that two parents make, I can't be a mom and a dad to the kids. I can't be everything to everyone. In trying to do so I've become lost, once again.

One more week to get through trying to be everything to everyone. One more week of just trying to get by. Maybe when this next week is over and I get past being sleep deprived I'll be able to look at the sunny-side again.

Thanks be to the higher powers for the almighty cup of coffee because without that caffeine power-up each morning, I highly doubt I could make it through the next six days.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Seize that coffee and power through. I wish you the best of luck for the next six days.