Saturday, October 4, 2008

Time Flies!

My how time does fly! It's been a busy week around here, from volleyball to soccer to work, with an acute care visit thrown in.

Anime had her best volleyball game ever this week! She was rockin', spiking, serving, doing it all. She had the heartbreak last week of being moved from the B to the C squad and has been trying to work her way back up to B. After her game this week she complained of her knee hurting on and off throughout the game. Around 7:30 she joined us in the living room to tell me how her knee was throbbing. She had iced it when we got home but the pain had only increased. I gently started to palpate the knee which caused Anime to start sobbing. A quick call to Grandma Nurse pointed us in the direction of the acute care instead of the emergency room. X-Rays showed no breaks or chips, leaving the doctor to guess that she has either a torn ligament or torn cartilage. (hmm, I had already figured it was on of those options. For this I paid $140.) Instructions included using an Ace bandage in conjunction with crutches until the pain subsides, followed by a visit to her regular doctor. So this coming Friday will find us at her (new) regular doctor to see what's up and if she can return to volleyball (or if we have to continue on to an orthopedist . . . no!!!).

I am still continuing to apply for any and all medical positions that I am evenly remotely qualified for. Nothing is happening fast in that area. I like my current job but I cannot make it on 3 to 4 serving shifts and 3 hostessing shifts per week. Not to mention that 25 hours per week spread out over 6 days per week is extremely annoying. I'm being told that as soon as the server manager comes back from vacation (two weeks from now) a couple of "slackers" are going to be let go (or more likely dropped to one to two shifts per week) and I will be gaining those extra serving shifts. I'm trying to be patient because the money is good and this job will work well with starting my nursing prerequisite classes next semester.

This weekend is as busy as the previous week. Today brings a (small) birthday part for Actress which involves seeing "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" followed by me working tonight. Tomorrow Action attends a birthday party, Actress goes to a friend's house, and Anime needs to be picked up from her grandparents (where she has been spending the weekend).

Hope you all get out and enjoy the crisp fall weather!

7 comments:

Shania said...

Good grief! I hope you find time to take a breath in there. That's a lot to do.

Major.Sunshine said...

again...I now know why you procrastinate... can you loan me a few legitimate excuses?

Vanessa said...

I know you know this, but a few really good shifts per week can make such a difference!

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate that when they scatter your hours out over 6 days but won't give you enough to count.

Cabella's does that. I hated working for them.. You had to give them 10 hours a day they could have you work.. the problem was, they only had you work a few hours..and you never knew what hours they would be,, so no other job,,

Have I told you how much I hate Cabella's ...... I really do...

They give Nebraska a really bad name.. we are suppose to be better than that.. farm people and all..

the mama bird diaries said...

Hope Anime makes a quick recovery!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're a busy lady! Take a little time for a hot bath or something!

miwise said...

I've almost begged for one more shift. Not gonna happen. Hope it works out for you. Hopefully when business picks up, if it ever does again, I'll get a few days at CB for my son. Money is so good to have.